Position: Senior Project Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering Services
Purpose: Become a key member of an energetic team of plastics & engineering specialists that are focused on transforming great ideas into extraordinary products. The right individual will be a thoughtful leader, a hands-on tinkerer, and a quality champion who is intrinsically motivated to develop along with their teammates.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of plastic product design & project leadership.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a hands-on manufacturing environment, preferably in injection molding.
- Expert-level proficiency in using Solidworks for designing plastic parts and assemblies. Working knowledge of the multi-body part design approach, advanced surfacing techniques, and GD&T are either essential or required.
- Mastery in applying the principles of design for injection molding (DFIM) and design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA) to create innovative design solutions that reduce client cost and risk.
- Project management experience and ability to use software to plan, execute, control, and report updates on projects & tasks, and to confidently communicate with internal and external stakeholders in these terms.
- Inherently fluent in mechanical concepts; internalize & master new concepts and terminology and be able to convey them to others with minimal oversight.
- Deep familiarity with core process technologies associated with product development for plastics and metals.
- Driven to contribute to and independently manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Extreme attention to detail, easily coachable, and eager to learn and operate outside of your comfort zone.
- Ability to transform small amounts of direction into extended bouts of independent project advancement.
- Exemplifies the Natech values of Connection, Accountability, and Continual Improvement.
- Ability to withstand prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Experience with IQMS MRP system and Smartsheet project management software.
- Knowledge in applying Scientific Molding techniques at a molding press.
- Lead and manage engineering projects; work directly with clients, vendors, and internal departments to define, create, lead, and complete a scope of work.
- Create detailed project schedules & client dashboards to enable regular sharing of updates with internal & external team members.
- Monitor & control assigned projects to ensure on-time & on-budget completion of activities. Routinely report updates in this regard to the Director of Engineering Services & other members of the team.
- Mentor and support other members of the Project Engineering team; share ideas, processes, and alternative potential approaches to solving problems, build & foster Connection within the group and the larger team.
- Support the start-up of new streams of revenue-generating Contract Manufacturing and Design services.
- Internalize and enhance project workflows such as Mold Build Kickoffs, Mold Design Reviews, and Mold Repairs & Modifications. Create new project workflows where they are required but do not exist, and support the adoption, training, and mastery of the rest of the team on new workflows.
- Engage with our Customer Experience Team in transforming prospective clients into fruitful business partners by participating in sales calls as a technical subject matter expert and an accountable leader of the organization.
- Interact and operate within our MRP System (IQMS); create Inventory Items, generate Bills of Materials, update Sales Orders, initiate and complete ECOs, and execute PPAPs.
- Maintain a strong eye toward continual internal improvement; focus on enhancing or replacing outdated practices and equipment and seizing opportunities for self-improvement via internal & external training.
- Other tasks as necessary to aid the company.
Salary Range: $100,000 – $115,000 a year
The Company: Natech Plastics is a growing, family-owned engineering and manufacturing firm that utilizes injection molding as its core technology. Many of the world’s leading brands trust the Natech Team to manage our part of their business. We specialize in providing engineering & contract manufacturing services for novel disposables with in the medical device and consumer industries.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veterans, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria including experience and suitability.